Oscar and I were in a short movie made by our friend Jose Martinez
The film was produce in 2003 by:
camera: Jose Martinez
writers: Steven Krystin, Oscar Pancho Torres
wardrobe: El ponk, Oscar Pancho Torres
vehicle: Uncle Ernie Vargas
Cast: Steven Krystin, Oscar Pancho Torres, M. Alonzo, Uncle Ernie Vargas, and Josue Mauricio maury martinez
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Shows for April and May Post Viva Las Vegas Show, One Colorado Art Market, and George Barris Car Show
Post Viva Las Vegas Show
Mr. T's Bowl in Highland Park
One Colorado Art Market
I had fun selling last year and it is a great event with artist selling their wares. Affordable and unique!
One Colorado is one city block bounded by Fair Oaks, Colorado Boulevard, DeLacey and Union Street in Old Pasadena. By the Johnny rockets, behind the crate and barrel.
This one day event showcases over 100 local artists in the historic central Courtyard and pedestrian alleys, giving shoppers a unique and charming environment to discover new works of art.
in Downtown Culver City
9 am to 3 pm
That's a mouthful. Had a great time at the car show and some of it was a blur, but are ready for the next one. Here are some of the highlights. Jerry Lee Lewis was great by the way. He still has his pipes!
Friday, April 1, 2011
Modge Podge is my friend! My friend asked if I can make him some candles to go along with the altar we made. I thought, YEAH, but I will add some Pizzazz to it!
e 6000 glue
black and cream colored acrylic paint
- Get any glass candle and print out image to fit the front of the candle.
- Layer Modge podge with a brush on the side that you are going to place your image.
- Place you image on top and use a credit card (or anything like it) to smooth out paper and rid it of air pockets.
- Set aside to dry for 10 to 15 min
- Brush a layer of modge podge on top of candle and let dry
- Brush on another layer.
- Paint the little skull with cream or off white paint and the eyes black set aside to dry
- glue onto the top of image using E 6000 and let it set
- Use E 6000 to glue sequin (use tweezers or be frustrated) on the outer edge
- TA DA!!! you are done and it is Fabulous!!